A new group of Interfaith Hospitality Network guests will be arriving on March 30th, to stay for a week in the Education Annex.
– A mother loses her job.
– A father cannot work because of an injury.
– A family loses its home by fire or natural disaster.
– A family must choose between medical costs and rent or mortgage payments.
– Public transportation is unavailable or too expensive.
– Affordable housing is scarce in Ocean County.
These are a few examples of why families now make up 40 percent of our homeless population, and why one out of every four homeless persons is a child. In response to this crisis, the Interfaith Hospitality Network brings the faith community together to help families regain their housing, their independence, and their dignity.
We are in need of volunteers to help with setup and take-down, provide dinner meals, visit with families in the evening, stay overnight in the Annex with the families, as well as launder bed linen at the end of the week.
Sign up sheets are in the Narthex – or, just call the church office. Dorothy Tolley and Terri Williams would appreciate any help you can provide. Please speak with them if you have any questions.
Our church has been a host church for IHN for many years. We are reminded in the book of Galatians to “not grow weary of doing good.” Thank you to everyone who has volunteered over the years!