A team from Lend A Hand – a group of college students – will be staying at our Volunteer Village in early October. They’ve asked us to join them in collecting items to go into clean-up buckets they’ll be assembling for hurricane survivors and then transporting to the affected areas.
Here’s a list of items that are needed to go into the buckets.
Please bring these items to the church NO LATER THAN SUNDAY, OCTOBER 1st. There’s a collection bin in the Narthex. Thank you!
Bucket Supply List:
1 – (1) 14 – 14 ½ tall 5-gallon bucket with resealable lid – Buckets from fast-food restaurants or bakeries can be used if washed and cleaned. Do not use buckets that have stored chemicals such as paint or pool cleaner. Home Depot and Lowes have these buckets. Advertisements on the outside are acceptable.
2. *Liquid laundry detergent – *two 25-oz. or *one 50-oz. bottle(s) only
3 – (1) Liquid household cleaner. 12-16 oz. liquid cleaner that can be mixed with water – no spray cleaners.
4. (1) Dish soap 15-28 oz. bottle, any brand
5. (1) Air freshener – aerosol can or pump
6. (1) Hand-held scrub brush – plastic or wooden handle, no toilet, kitchen or dish brushes
7. (18) cleaning wipes – handi-wipes or reusable wipes, no rags or terry cleaning towels, remove packaging
8. (7) sponges – Dry foam sponges – PLEASE NO CELLULOSE SPONGES
9. (5) scouring pads – no stainless steel, Brillo pads or SOS pads due to rust issues. Nothing with soap built in, wrapper removed.
10. (50) clothespins – Not loose in the bucket; place in gallon-sized, sealable bag
11. (24) heavy-duty trash bags at least 1.5-2mil trash bags, 33-45 gallon sizes; Box removed
12. (5) dust masks – Place in bag with clothespins
13. (2) disposable kitchen gloves (pairs) – rubber or latex (not light-weight hospital gloves); packaging removed
14. (1) Work gloves (pair) Heavy Duty cotton/leather gloves with leather or rawhide palm.