Hygiene Kits – In the face of natural disasters, violence, or grinding poverty, Hygiene Kits can mean the difference between sickness and health for struggling families. To assemble a Hygiene Kit you will need:
- One hand towel measuring approximately 15x 28 to 16 x 2 inch (no fingertip, bath, dish towel or micro-fiber)
- One washcloth
- One wide-tooth comb removed from the package
- One fingernail or toenail clipper removed from the package
- One bath-size bar of soap in the wrapper
- One toothbrush in the package
- Ten standard size Band-Aids
All items need to fit inside a one-gallon plastic zipper closure bag. Remove the excess air from the bag and seal before boxing. Do NOT add any extra items or toothpaste. A tube of extended expiration date toothpaste will be added to each hygiene kit just prior to its final journey.
- School Kits – give children in impoverished schools, refugee camps, or other difficult settings some of the basic tools for learning.
- To assemble a School Kit you will need:
- One pair of blunt scissors removed from the package (rounded tip, only)
- Three 70-count bound notebooks or notebooks totaling 200-210 pages (no loose-leaf or filler paper)
- One 30-centimeter / 12″ ruler
- One hand-held pencil sharpener removed from the package
- One large eraser (no pencil cap erasers)
- Six new, unsharpened pencils with erasers, removed from the package
- One box of 24 crayons (only 24)
- One 12″x14″ to 14″x17″ finished size cotton or lightweight canvas bag (solid color or kid-friendly fabric) with cloth handles (no reusable shopping bags, backpacks, or bags with logos)
Kits can be placed in the bin, in the North Hall under the East Window. Please include $2.00 for shipping or put a separate envelope marked “CWS Kits” in the PW mailbox in the church office. Checks for shipping should be made out to “Presbyterian Women”.
Kits are due by April 8 – when they will be dedicated.
These kits are for disaster relief. Please do not add to or exchange listed item